Friday, September 3, 2010

Karaoke or hell? You be the judge!

I went to my favorite bar in the world "The Cajun Cove", and if you haven't been well then you need to go.  They have a wonderful little karaoke room, so that if you hate karaoke, you can dance your head off in the club.  I was there, and my friend who shall remain nameless decided he was going to sing.  I was ever so happy to see him come out of his shell, and do something that people could react to, you see he is a mental case.  I know that sounds so mean, but TRUST ME, if you knew him, you'd say the same thing.  He gets up and starts singing MY SONG!!!!!  "Home" by Michael Buble', let me just say, if Michael had heard that rendition of his song, he WOULD HAVE GONE HOME!!!!!  Oh my god, it was horrible, as a gay man myself I can kinda say this...  Fags can handle just about anything,  but bad singing isn't something we can deal with, well unless the guy is hot.  So when everyone started leaving, I felt so bad for him.  I wanted and tried to get on stage to help, and he said  "I CAN SING JUST AS WELL AS YOU CAN."  (Let me put in a tiny side note) When I attended college the first time, I was on a full vocal scholarship for my lyrical baritone voice.  I'm not bragging, but I know I don't sound like two cats tied together thrown over a clothes line!  OK back to being a nice guy...  I let him finish mutilating a beautiful song, and made sure that everyone who was either deaf, or stayed out of pity clapped...  (Remind me that buying people sympathy shots isn't cheap.)  OK, I lied about being nice... 


OK, I am saying that this is an example of Feedback Messages...  I am "verbally" telling you my reaction to this traumatic musical experience. 

Here is a link to the cajun coves website...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Baton-Rouge-LA/CAJUN-COVE-OF-BATON-ROUGE/113187515378834#!/pages/Baton-Rouge-LA/CAJUN-COVE-OF-BATON-ROUGE/113187515378834

No comments:

Post a Comment